SIGMA THETA TAU GAMMA OMICRON AT-LARGE CHAPTER
NEW INVESTIGATOR AWARD (Deadline for submission: 4/25/2014)
The purpose of this award is to assist any Sigma Theta Tau member who is learning to conduct research to advance knowledge in the area of nursing science. Master’s thesis and doctoral dissertation research projects will be considered. The award is intended for a first research endeavor. The amount of this award can be up to $2000.
GAMMA OMICRON AT-LARGE CHAPTER RESEARCH GRANT
(Deadline for submission: 4/25/2014)
The purpose of this award is to assist any Gamma Omicron at-Large Chapter member who is willing to contribute to advance knowledge in the area of nursing science. The award is intended for any nurse researcher regardless of previous funding. The amount of this award can be up to $2000.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR NEW INVESTIGATOR AND GAMMA OMICRON AT-LARGE CHAPTER AWARDS
1. Submit application and a written research proposal according to the guidelines (see below). Data collection may be in process.
2. Submit a signed formal agreement for money usage and public report findings. It is anticipated that the award funds would be used within one year of the award date.
3. The awards are given annually. Deadline for submission is April 25, 2014.
4. Submit all materials for any of the research awards to the Research Award Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The awards will be made at the chapter’s annual business meeting each spring. This year’s winners will be announced at designated BODs meeting. Recipients will be notified on May 6th. Awards will be presented to recipients at the annual business meeting in May, 2014 (TBA)
6. Recipients will acknowledge the support of Sigma Theta Tau Gamma Omicron At-Large Chapter in all manuscripts, podium presentations, posters, and/or other media related to the funded project. Recipients will be asked to present findings from the completed project to the chapter membership at conclusion of the project.
Tara Hulsey was elected and inducted as Director-at-Large at the biennial convention.